When to replace the installed drum unit
The drum unit contains one of the most important components of the image-formation – The organic photoconductive drum. This is a metal cylinder coated with a special photoconductive layer, which forms the latent print image. The technical condition of this component is crucial for the overall image quality results achieved by your Brother HL-L2340DW.
You should replace the drum unit installed in your Brother HL-L2340DW if any of the listed indications persists.
- The message ”Drum !” is displayed on the LCD of your Brother HL-L2340DW – Your laser printer has detected a drum related abnormality. You should clean the drum corona wire, and then test the Brother HL-L2340DW. Please replace the installed drum unit if the problem persists.
- The message ”Drum End Soon” is displayed – The installed drum unit is nearing the end of its useful life. It is recommended to replace the drum unit at this point in order to be avoided various print quality issues.
- The message ”Replace Drum” is displayed – The installed drum unit has been exhausted. Please install a new drum unit in your Brother HL-L2340DW.
- The Drum and Ready indicators are both on – This is also an indication for an exhausted drum unit. The installed drum unit should be replaced with a new one.
- An exhausted drum unit can cause various print quality problems, such as faded printouts, background shading, residual images, toner spots, voids, solid black printouts, white lines, and black lines. You should replace the installed drum unit if any of the listed print quality problems persists.
How to install a new drum unit in your Brother HL-L2340DW
You won’t need any special tools to replace the drum unit of your Brother HL-L2340DW. Just follow the simple instructions provided below and you will be fine.
In the initial step of the replacement procedure, you must open the front cover of your Brother HL-L2340DW, and then remove the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly by sliding it carefully towards you. After that, you must remove the toner cartridge from the exhausted drum unit while pressing the lock release button that is located on the left side of the assembly, and then unpack the new drum unit. Now, you must insert the toner cartridge into the new drum unit, and then push it down until it clicks into place. In the next step of the replacement procedure, you must insert the drum unit and toner cartridge assembly into the Brother HL-L2340DW, and then press the Power button. Finally, you must reset the drum counter by pressing and holding down the Go button for at least five seconds, and then close the front cover of the laser printer. The Brother HL-L2340DW is ready for your next printing task.